- Parent Category: Catch Of The Day On DuPage Angler
- Category: Catch Of The Day Pike/Musky
- Created: Tuesday, 10 November 2009 19:47
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 November 2009 19:47
- Published: Saturday, 23 March 2013 19:47
- Written by DuPage Angler Robar
- Hits: 1413
DuPage County / Mallard Lake
Hey fellow anglers! Had a little time to kill this afternoon so we took a drive out to Mallard Lake. The weather was gorgeous but the Bass bite is still very slow.
With only one hit to talk about we fished a couple more spots but were running out of time. At our final stop I decided to change up to a pike presentation. Stanmo and I were chatting when we saw this beast chasing my Phantom minnow. Right as we both let out a “whoa” this Musky slammed my bait and the fight was on!!!
The drag strained a few times as he tried to break free but I did manage to get him on shore. Thanks Stanmo for helping to get the hooks out!! The Musky got a treble hook in both the lower and upper lip preventing us from getting the mouth open so my partner in crime had to clip the barbs off to free him.
This DuPage Angler Catch Of The Day Is Sponsored By: